On October 16, 17, 18 and 19, almost all of the members of the Hip Unit have participated in this ISHA Congress contest, the only one in the world of hip preservation surgery (a specialty that treats injuries for reduce pain and improve hip functionality).
In this edition, in which doctors, hip surgeons, specialists in rehabilitation and sports medicine participate, the most up-to-date knowledge and techniques in the field of arthroscopy, osteotomies in young adults, treatment of injuries have been discussed of cartilage and acetabular labrum, accelerated and specific functional recovery, labrum transplants.
Important has been the contribution of the Unit with the themes:
- New advances in hip arthroscopy – Dr. Carlomagno Cardenas
- Periacetabular osteotomy in dysplasic sports – Dr. Manel Ribas
- Mini-invasive technique for the treatment of ruptures of the gluteal tendons (one of the most frequent pathologies and often confused with “trochanteric trochanteritis-bursitis”). In this conference, the results obtained by the Hip Unit were presented for more than the last 10 years. – Dr. Manel Ribas
- Mini-invasive periacetabular osteotomies – Dr. Carlomagno Cardenas
- Value of neurophysiological monitoring of the lower extremities in the mini-invasive periacetabular osteotomy as the method of choice – Dr. Estela Lladó.
- Mini-invasive technique for arthroscopic-assisted femoroacetabular shock with its updated indications in large chondrolabral lesions, labrum transplantation, large femoral gibbs, global pincer, femoral cysts (large cysts that require bone graft), sequelae of stiff brain trauma with rigidity -ankylosis caused by heterotopic calcifications, revision surgery of the femoroacetabular shock.
From here, we want to send our most sincere congratulations from Drs. Oliver Marín and Luís Perez-Carro, indefatigable organizers of this event, who have made it possible for Madrid to successfully host a contest of this caliber.
The next edition will be in 2020 and will be held in Ottawa.